If you are looking at a house in our holding yard, what you see is what you will get – the house has already been moved to our yard and anything that could come with the house is tucked inside.
However, if you are looking at a house on it’s original site – the house is purchased from the Bearer up. (this means the top floor only) Typically we demolish the underneath part to make way for the truck to back in under to load the house. If there is some things in the lower level we can recycle, you will see them available on our Facebook page. (unless otherwise arranged)
When your removal house is delivered it will:
- not include stairs – all stairs are ‘site specific’ and will not match up with the new elevations. Also, stairs are out in the weather 24/7 so their condition cannot be guaranteed.
- not include re-fitment of gutters – this should be done by a plumber to get the correct falls to your tanks and once again is site specific.
- not include reconnection to services like power or water. We do recommend every removal house gets thoroughly inspected by an electrician – most will require re-wiring. We are delivering you the biggest pile of kindling you will ever have, get your wiring checked!
- only include items like dishwashers, hot water systems, clothes lines, lower skirting battens etc if the contract states it – most vendors choose to keep these items or they may be deemed too rusty/dilapidated to take to the new site. We retain the right to a judgement call on the condition of these items.
- include delivery within 100km of current location (as per list price inclusions)
- include stumping to 1.0m above ground using 75x75x4mm Duragal steel posts with a standard stump hole of 450x900mm.
We also recommend you do not trim your doors and windows for a few weeks/up to a month. Old Queenslanders take their own time to self adjust to a house move. Over the first few weeks the house will find its ‘happy place’.