Secondary Dwelling or Auxiliary Unit? What is the difference? 2 bed or 3? find out more here – with some small changes (see proposed layout) it will comply as a Auxiliary unit!
Granny Flat, Second Dwelling or recreational cabin
The possibilities for this little gem are endless, whether it be for your weekend getaway or to stash the grandparents in the backyard (babysitters on tap?) this 3 bedroom house could be the answer to your prayers.
- fresh paint inside and out,
- new bathroom (includes waterproofing certificate) new tiles, vanity, shower etc (taps are 3+ rated water saving)
- modern laminate kitchen with timber bench tops (including timber ‘waterfall’ feature – very on-trend!) with loads of storage and NEW appliances
- new fans to bedrooms and living area
- new carpet throughout living and bedrooms, new vinyl to kitchen and new tiles to wet areas.
- laundry cupboard with new compact tub
- new screens to some windows
- new guttering to be installed at new location (in colour coded Woodland Grey) One side on now.
- Oregon hardwood frame
At just under 67 sqm, 449 Dayana fits perfectly into Logan City Council’s new planning schemes as a second dwelling to blocks over 450 sqm. (see my blog for further information on this planning and development scheme)
UPDATE FROM LOGAN CITY COUNCIL
This building complies with the planning and development changes from 2015. It can be added as a Secondary Dwelling to your block. More info Fact-Sheet-Secondary-And-Auxiliary-Dwelling(1)